Sunday, November 28, 2010

Heading to Nepalgunj soon

I hoped to sort out some photos before posting again but I’m afraid circumstances have totally wrecked that plan. My timetable has just not matched the power/internet timetable. Otherwise, things have continued well during the orientation here in Kathmandu. There’s a heap more Nepali in my exercise book than in my brain, but I’m still feeling like there’s progress on that front. We’ve had a lot of laughs every day in class too – always good. This Saturday I made it to Durbar Square early in the morning which I really enjoyed, temples and shrines both Hindu and Buddhist from 12th to 18th centuries. The king lived here until the early 20th century. (I know some photos would be good, will try harder!) Glad there’s been a few more opportunities to do some tourist activities before leaving Kathmandu. The training for our group has been changed from earlier groups and this week we will split up into groups based on our placements for more relevant language training. On Wednesday I’m flying with Loula and someone from the office to Nepalgunj – also in Terai near the Indian border. The two of us will have language classes there and I’ll get to know another town before I go to Bhairawa.


So, next morning, and I've managed to edit the post with a couple of photos in Durbar Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment